When searching for your desired destination, you'll most likely find a set of businesses or places near your location on Google maps or search. Optimizing your business for local search is now more valuable than ever, as consumers search for local services online.
Google Business is one of the most effective ways to improve your local ranking and get your business noted worldwide. As there is no way to request or pay for a better local ranking on Google, your Google Business profile is one of the best ways to gain organic traction.
Creating and managing your Google Business profile can rive highly motivated and local traffic to your business. Mobal is a tool that enables fun and easy management of your Business profiles. Start ranking higher on Google and reach out to new customers by optimizing and managing your Google Business profiles.
How does Google rank your local business?
The local results shown on your feed are mainly based on relevance, distance, and prominence. Google defines the following as such.
- Relevance refers to how well a local Business profile matches what someone is looking for. As Google's algorithm decides what works best for the customer depending on what they've written in the search engine, a restaurant located further away might still pop up as first and rank as a higher alternative due to its relevance.
- Distance considers how far each potential search result is from the location term used in a search. If a user doesn't specify a location in their search, Google calculates the distance based on what they know about the searchers' location.
- Prominence refers to how well-known a business is. Some places are more prominent in the offline world than others, and search results try to reflect this in local ranking. Also, the amount of reviews and views of a profile determines the prominence of the business.
How do you improve your local ranking on Google?
To improve your local ranking on Google, your Google Business profile needs to be up-to-date and in shape.
- Verify your location. If your business is verified, it is automatically shown at a higher rank in Google maps or search due to its authenticity.
- Add correct information. To start with, make sure all of the data in your profile is correct at all times, and adjusted if changed. Businesses with accurate information are easier to match with specific searches and include information such as a physical address, phone number, category, and attributes. Here, consistency is key. Ensure that the same information is shown on your website, social media channels, and in your Google Business profile.
- Keep your opening hours up to date. Update your opening hours regularly and keep any special opening hours accurate. This shows customers what is open right now and lets them know that you are available. Showing the right information to your customers builds trust.
- Manage & respond to reviews. Replying to reviews might be one of the most important aspects of getting your profile noticed and involves crucial ranking factors that will make your profile strive in local ranking. Always answer your reviews to let your customers know that you value their feedback. High-quality and positive reviews will also increase your visibility on Google, so the more reviews you have, the better.
- Add photos. Add photos to your profile and showcase the products that you are offering. Good quality photos show customers what you are offering and that you offer what they are searching for.
- Add products. You can also show shoppers what products or services you sell and get higher rankings on searches.
97% of people primarily learn about local companies online and 90% do not scroll past the first page results. Activate and take control of one of your most important marketing channels. Our free tool allows you to quickly add new business pages, edit information for existing businesses, and manage your locations from one tool. Create a free account and get started today.
Start for Free
Manage all your business profiles in a single sleek dashboard. Get started today.
Download the 2024 Local Marketing Restaurant Trend Report
Download the Local Marketing for Restaurants Businesses Trend Report and stay ahead of the competition. Download Free Report
Start managing your business profiles today
Manage all your profiles in a single sleek dashboard and easily update multiple locations with a few clicks.
7-Day Free Trial
Get started for free. Start 7-day free trial.
Download the Automotive 2023 Trend Report
Learn about the latest in local marketing for innovative automotive business owners and marketers.
Learn everything about Business Listings. Download our latest guide.
Your business listings are the first thing customer see online. Learn how to manage yours.
Google reviews: a complete guide
Learn how to get more reviews, manage reviews in Google Business Profiles, how reviews impact local rankings, how to respond to bad reviews, and more.